Wednesday, July 3, 2013

ZONG - Our Gateway for the BGC Food Tour

Last week, I found out that there's a food tour happening at BGC (Bonifacio Global City) this month. I saw it at RichieZ's blog, The Pickiest Eater in the World, which I often check for reference. I am just so fond of that blog. Well, it's about food so there's not much to explain I guess.

When I read the word food and tour, I immediately felt excited. BUT, combining those two words made me ecstatic.I tagged my food buddy, Cyril, in a heartbeat to let him know about the BGC Food Tour. He sent me a message in a few minutes complaining why it had to be on a weekend. HAHA Of course it is! We forgot that we're one of the few people whose free time is on weekdays.

After a few complaints, we decided where to eat to get a receipt amounting to the one required by the tour. Cyril suggested Zong at The Fort Strip. Obviously, it's a chinese restaurant so without asking, I said "Let's do it!"


We met last Tuesday, which typically is our lakwatsa day. After work, I met him at McDonald's in front of St. Luke's Global City and we walked our way to Zong. They were still closed since they open at 11am. We were there 7 minutes early. We stayed outside where they have a few umbrellas and chairs arranged. I guess those are for customers who smoke so that they could also dine at their place or if they have numerous customers. But I doubt that because their place is huge.


We were the first customers so everyone's attention is on us. We picked a table at the corner because we have a feeling we'll be there for more than an hour. It happens on all our food trips since we need to catch up on a few things and we just can't finish all the food without a few breaks.

For the appetizer, we had Pork Siumai. It has the usual make-your-own calamansi and soy sauce dipping sauce but every bite to it is flavorful. It doesn't just have pork in it. It also has shrimp and it's topped with fish roe.


For our main dish, we ordered the Singapore-Style Fish Fillet 'cause Cyril has tried it once and was glad of how soft and light the fish is. It really was the kind of melt-in-your-mouth dish. The Dory was perfectly cooked and the orange sauce is not too tangy. I also love the egg floss on top and I kinda liked the idea of it. I am so going to make one at home.

My kind of Dory
We also got the Deep Fried Salt and Pepper Pork Ribs. It was perfectly seasoned and still tender even if it's deep fried. It comes with vinegar and chili for dipping but we mostly used the one for Siumai. If only they had ketchup. Hahaha Yes, I am a ketchup LOVER and I know it's a Chinese restaurant.


For the rice, of course we ordered Yang Chow because I am in search for the best Yang Chow. HAHA I thought Golden Fortune has the best one but for me, they are almost the same. They just have more shrimp on it and it has asparagus.


As for our drinks, we ordered fruit shakes. Mine was watermelon and Cyril's was lychee. It's your usual fruit shake but it has the actual fruit on top as a garnish. They don't have bottomless drinks, too bad.


As predicted, we didn't finish all the food because their serving is good for 2-3 persons. Overall, we were satisfied with their service and dishes. We would also love to try their famous Braised Beef Tapa some other time.



Enough with Zong, the highlight of this entry is how we got the BGC Food Tour tickets! We were 2 PESOS short to be qualified for the food tour so before heading to C1 building, we bought Happy Lemon's Milk Tea with Black Pearls to fill the difference. We needed a drink anyway 'cause it's scorching hot outside but thank God it didn't rain.


Here they are! Lalalalala See you on July 13th Food Tourists! There were only 4 tickets left for that date so we consider ourselves lucky because there's no need for us to pick a different date. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!



PS. Of all times. Of all times to leave my camera, I left it on a day like this. I just used my phone and Cyril's camera. Blogging FAIL. :D

2 comments:

  1. waddup dude!!!of all the things why camera!????????hehehe..that should be on your must have(s) before leaving your house although I must admit n nakakatamad sya dalhin minsan..(based on experience)..lol...ngutom ako bigla.I wanted to try the Deep Fried Salt and Pepper Pork Ribs khit bawal sken...Nice Blog dhey.!!. I am so gonna follow your page for food tips.:)..You rock dude!!!God bless You..!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love! :)) I had to go through a Monday shift kasi before this kaya siguro I forgot my camera. Tsaka excited ako with those tickets! HAHAHA Miss you!!!

      Delete